Wednesday 10 July 2013

Being Me

Sometimes being a teenager can be the most frustrating thing alive... Now while I did take that first line from an Archie Comic (which yes I still do continue to read) it doesn't mean it's not true. There are so many variables in a teen's life that the amount of pressure coming from different directions can be almost unbearable. There's just not enough time in the day for us to get everything done; and this is coming from the guy who's on summer vacation where things should be generally a lot more peaceful. Sadly they're not, and while I'm sure that half the problems I'm currently facing are a lot smaller than my mind seems to make them be, nevertheless they're still a nuisance.

So this post was about something that we keep forgetting to fully exploit, ourselves. Confusion? Yeah I know what you mean, I didn't understand it at first. See I think I said before that there's always got to be compromise somewhere, right? Well that doesn't mean that you actually forget who you are as a person. They some people who are pushovers, always giving into what others want. Be it parents or friends, there's always going to be someone telling you what to do and how you should do it. They influence how you think and who you are and think that just because they have some hold on you that they now control you.

Okay so maybe I'm exaggerating the whole control bit, seeing as if that were true then we'd all be mindless drones (well I'm already half way there). Seriously though, I wanted to write about this because every once in a while I decide to do what I want, regardless of whether anyone wants to join me or not. Now I'm not talking about going crazy and deciding to fly to Malaysia (thought think about how much fun that would be) but instead doing something without waiting for opinion, approval or interest. I just get up and get going... but maybe that's just me and maybe I'm kinda crazy. While I'm figuring that out, Ramadan Kareem! I'm available for all and any Iftars if interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment