Tuesday 2 July 2013

Fending for yourself... and why I'm likely to starve

I'm HUNGRY! To put it mildly... and there's absolutely nothing in this stupid fridge that can provide sustenance. So now what? *Shudders* Heaven forbid I have to actually cook. I can almost feel the judgement coming from my mother who always told me to learn. Ah well, guess we all start somewhere, don't we? So today I thought I'd shed a little light on what it's like to actually live by yourself.

No jokes, life isn't always a party (though I secretly wish it was), and once in a while you need to focus and act responsible. Now as a teenager, I think Oxford should have an edited version of their dictionary; one that doesn't include the word 'responsible' or any synonyms for it anywhere in it's 334 pages (yes I googled that). It's just not natural for teens to be responsible. Like the unwritten law of opening doors for the opposite sex, everyone knows that teenagers and responsibility do not go together. So then what happens when we're forced to become self reliant? In one word... Chaos!

So let's see how badly a teen can mess up his daily life. For starters I woke up today at 12:30pm because I unfortunately forgot to set my alarm and party due to the fact that I went to bed at 3am in the morning. So naturally I missed my morning run and it was too late for breakfast although I did manage to burn two pieces of toast and call it food. Since I was too lazy to do the laundry yesterday I didn't have any of my regular clothes to change into so I was forced to wear some of my older items that make me look like a shady extra in the carnival (not even the main attraction, an 'extra'). I couldn't find anything to make for lunch so I ended up ordering Chinese and trust me no one likes egg rolls in the afternoon. Moving on to when I finally sat down to do some work I realized that I had forgotten to feed my pets. Naturally there was no hay since I had forgotten to buy some, so off I went to Animal World. Like usual the tank was empty so I spent another half an hour at the pump, and just to top things off, when I reached the store the owners had gone out for lunch. The sad part is the day has just started and already I feel like the end is near.

So maybe my version was a bit extreme but I'm sure at some point of time in your life things have piled up so much that they literally collapsed onto each other. It's like a cascade of unforeseen events, all of which seem to wreck havoc on your schedule. Weirdly though I guess this is how you learn. I mean sooner or later all of us at some point of time will have to grow up and fend for ourselves... unless you're Veronica Lodge, that chick has enough dough to buy her way of life. For the rest of us though, I guess it's two minute Maggie and an endless supply of Kinder chocolates until we learn to cook...


No comments:

Post a Comment