Monday 8 July 2013

Why having a mentor rocks

So maybe I'm trying to suck up here but let me do what I want okay? It's my blog so I control it. As I was saying (wow I've gone power mad) we all need a mentor in our lives.

Now I'm not talking about the whole 'Karate-Kid' I'll teach you how to avenge your ancestors type of mentor. I'm talking about the person who helps you get a grip on reality when you feel you're about to slide off the rails. Luckily I've found mine... well at least I think I have; she considers me her project to make perfect. :P

So anyways back to the whole mentor idea and why it's awesome. Let's be honest, there is probably no one in your life right now you knows what you're actually going through except for people who've already been in your situation. Those people are basically your potential candidates for a mentor. However finding the right one can be difficult.

Firstly, they need to be sane (mine is borderline) and be well grounded onto reality; unlike me whose head keeps floating in the clouds. You also need to be close to them but not close enough that they become a close friend. This is important, they should be just there to monitor and advise, not hang out with (though once in a while it's okay). Most importantly, they should show genuine desire to want to help you. Now that can be the hardest part to find. A dedicated mentor is perhaps the most difficult thing to identify, but don't worry, there are good people all around the world today.

Now while I'm pretty sure most of you will take this post as a joke and consider that I've gone stark raving mad at 1 o'clock in the morning, please for the love of god take my advice. Find someone now! Someone who understands you. Someone who you feel is the right one to take as a role model. Okay so maybe I am sucking up, but I can't help it, I've found my life guide. Or maybe I'm retarded .


No comments:

Post a Comment