Thursday 4 July 2013

Survival 101... Your room

It's funny how weirdly everything seems to happen to me on a daily basis. It's like the big guy up there just loves to add a little variety to my life... and clearly I'm not complaining. Currently I'm locked in my own room due to unforeseen circumstances of my door jamming. As I wonder how on Earth these kind maintenance staff are planning on breaking me out, a new question comes to my mind... if I were stranded in here for a day how would I plan on surviving.

No this isn't a suburban version of Lost, rather a more realistic approach as to how people would fend for themselves. Now currently I've already eaten dinner and am therefore taking this situation rather less seriously than I would have, had I been hungry. I suppose in extreme cases I could eat my guinea pigs (I mean in Peru and Argentina they're considered a delicacy) but in all reality I could never harm them; that and the fact that I can't stomach raw hairy food. 

Regarding water I'm sure I could drink the tap water and like test the UAE government's claim of how safe it is to consume. Mercifully I have a bathroom en-suite so that takes care of basic hygiene. I also have a ton of clothes so I guess the only problem now would be what to eat. 

Hmm this is turning out to be quite problematic. I still haven't figured how I'm going to sustain myself. I do have a big window but that can only be opened slightly. I guess should the situation demand it people could climb a ladder and deliver plates of food to me (and hay for the guineas). Yes! That's it! Problem solved, I have no need to panic... though I'm sure my mom will still freak out (moments after writing this my prediction came true).

So now I'm curious about you guys (my non existent readers). Look around you, if you were in my situation what would you do and would you be able to survive? Frankly I'm surprised I've made it even this far... but then again, I always was a fighter. While I'm locked in, enjoy what I feel accurately represents my life currently.


No comments:

Post a Comment