Saturday 6 July 2013

How Awks can Awkward get?

Okay so for the first time I've given some indication of what I've decided to write about today. I mean unless you're blind or suffering from the social disease of popularity, then you know what it's like to feel awkward.

Speaking as a true aficionado of this glorious emotion I have over the years accumulated many an awkward situation. Birthday parties where you know no one. Meeting a person after ignoring their last message to you on whatsapp.  Worst of all I believe is when you accidentally make fun of someone who's right next to you and they hear what you're saying. Oh the memories :')... they'll haunt me forever.

So today while reveling in those glorious moments, a curious thought came upon me. How awkward can being awkward get? I mean what defines the upper limit of an awkward situation. I remember this birthday party of a friend of mine where all the guests would cling to each other in separate groups leaving this one guy completely by himself. No strangely that wasn't me (I'm amazed myself) and weirdly I could understand how the guy was feeling. Nobody likes to be left out... especially when you're the only one who is.

Hmm, what other situations have I been in where my awkward meter was off the charts... Oh yes the time when I found out that a friend of mine whom I had trusted with an incredibly 'never to be disclosed' secret went stark crazy and told the whole world. The fact that that person freely admitted to telling it made the whole situation even more awkward. I mean it's like I'm telling you to not stab yourself and the next second the knife is through your ventricular arteries (Science Bitch).

What's weird is that compared to a girl, a guy's awkward situation barely scratch the surface of how bad it get. Now I'm not saying that this rule applies to all females in general but the basic idea is that each day a woman somehow manages to wreck 4 lives and have her life wrecked 4 times as well... there's gotta be balance somewhere.

So now I'm curious, suppose there's a big chart somewhere out there that shows how awkward your situation can be on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being social hell. Now I have a couple of ideas of what could constitute a 10 but then I wouldn't want my account to be banned for explicit language. Till the time that freedom of press actually becomes a thing I guess I'll catch you later.

Btw a friend of mine told me about a show named Awkward. The name came to me just as I finished writing this post... Awks.



No comments:

Post a Comment